Uptown Bike Tour
$45 / 3 hrs
10 person limit
*please click the link above or call to inquire about AVAILABILITy (504.321.1505). Reservations required.
The name of our Uptown bike tour is the English rendering of Fleur-de-lis, the offical symbol of New Orleans. As we journey to the Garden District we stop to learn about the uptown innovators who created Jazz at the Rampart-Perdido Corridor.
From there you're off to learn about the Garden Districts evolution from a sugar plantation through its development after the Louisiana Purchase into the extravagant faubourg that you see today. Trees that grow Mardi Gras beads, histories the most creative author couldn’t make up, antebellum mansions, Lafayette Cemetery #1, and a charm that only our city can bestow on its visitors.
Join us on this urban adventure through one of the most majestic neighborhoods in New Orleans!
What to Expect
The Flower of the Lily bike tour starts at 10am at Flambeaux Bicycle Tours location (626 North Rampart St. in the French Quarter). Upon arrival you will fill out a waiver and be fitted on a bicycle to make sure your comfortable on the tour. After a short safety briefing you will embark on a 3 hour excursion from the French Quarter, the Garden District, and back.
On your 3 hour tour you will learn about the intersections of New Orleans various historic cultures. Your guide will show you the most impressive ante-bellum mansions in New Orleans, give you a narration of who lived in them, and the inhabitants impacts on American history.
Your tour will come with a bottled water, an optional helmet, and a guaranteed good time!
Places you will visit:
- The French Quarter
- The Neutral Ground
- The Perdido-Rampart Corridor
- The Eagle Salon
- Faubourg St. Marie
- The Garden District
- Celebrity Mansions
- Lafayette Cemetery #1
- St. Charles Ave.
- Lafayette Square
- In order for our tours to operate an initial minimum of 2 people must book. Once the minimum is met our software allows for single riders to reserve.
- Advanced Reservations are Required.
- To go on the tour one must be over 13 years old and taller then 4'11".
- Participants under 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian.
- Tours are limited to10 people.
- The tour is $45 per person and includes a bicycle, helmet, and bottled water.
- The tour is a total of 8 miles traveled at a very leisurely pace.
- 48 hour notice of cancellation is required.
- Please arrive for the tour 15 minutes before departure time.
- Tours roll rain or shine.
- In the event of inclement weather before the tour, participants can either reschedule or be refunded. We do not offer refunds once the tour embarks.