Heart of the City Tour
$49 / 3hrs
9:30am - 12:30pm
1% of our profits go to Bike Easy (New Orleans Bicycle Coalition)
Our Heart of the City Tour will take you on an exploration of the historic core of the city. Starting in the French Quarter, we will make several stops to learn about the early development of our city in 1718. We will then journey beyond the Quarter to the city's three most historic neighborhoods (Faubourg Marigny, Faubourg Treme, and Faubourg St. Marie). This tour also pays close attention to the development of jazz and the colorful innovators who created it. Our cycling route will follow the excitement of this developing new music, while also tracing the early life of Louis Armstrong.
Places you will visit:
- The French Quarter
- The Mississippi River
- Faubourg Marigny
- Esplanade Avenue
- Faubourg Tremé
- Louis Armstrong Park & Congo Square
- St. Louis Cemetery no. 2
- Back o'Town
- To go on the tour one must be over 13 years old and taller then 4'10".
- Participants under 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian.
- Tours are limited to10 people.
- The tour is $49 per person and includes a bicycle, helmet, and bottled water.
- The tour is a total of 8 miles traveled at a very leisurely pace.
- 48 hour notice of cancellation is required.