Flower of the Lily tour
$45 / 3 hrs
The name of our Garden District bike tour is the English rendering of Fleur-de-lis. The Fleur-de-lis’ first use was on April 9,1682 when La Salle erected a coat of arms of King Louis XIV at the mouth of the Mississippi claiming Louisiana for France. Since 1682 the Fleur-de-lis has become the official symbol of New Orleans. It is embraced by all of the cultures that have historically settled here. Not only does it grace the helmet of the New Orleans Saints, It was a symbol that united our city after Hurricane Katrina.
On our Flower of the Lily bike tour you will learn about the Garden Districts evolution from being a land grant to the founder of our city, it’s status after the Louisiana Purchase, and its development into the regal neighborhood that it is today. Trees that grow Mardi Gras beads, histories the most creative author couldn’t make up, celebrity mansions, above ground cemeteries, and a charm that only our city can bestow on its visitors. Join us on this urban adventure through one of the most majestic neighborhoods in New Orleans.
Places you will visit:
- The French Quarter
- Canal St.
- The Garden District
- Celebrity Mansions
- Lafayette Cemetery #1
- St. Charles Ave.
- Lafayette Square
- The Eagle Salon
- To go on the tour one must be over 13 years old and taller then 4'10".
- Participants under 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian.
- Tours are limited to10 people.
- The tour is $45 per person and includes a bicycle, helmet, and bottled water.
- The tour is a total of 6 miles traveled at a very leisurely pace.
- 48 hour notice of cancellation is required.
- Please arrive for the tour 15 minutes before departure time.