Flower of the Lily tour
$45 / 3 hrs
*please click the link above or call to inquire about AVAILABILITy (504.321.1505). Reservations required.
The name of our Garden District bike tour is the English rendering of Fleur-de-lis, the offical symbol of New Orleans. As we journey to the Garden District we stop to learn about the uptown innovators who created Jazz at the Rampart-Perdido Corridor. From there you're off to learn about the Garden Districts evolution from a sugar plantation through its development after the Louisiana Purchase into the extravagant faubourg that you see today. Trees that grow Mardi Gras beads, histories the most creative author couldn’t make up, antebellum mansions, Lafayette Cemetery #1, and a charm that only our city can bestow on its visitors. Join us on this urban adventure through one of the most majestic neighborhoods in New Orleans.
Places you will visit:
- The French Quarter
- The Neutral Ground
- The Perdido-Rampart Corridor
- The Eagle Salon
- Faubourg St. Marie
- The Garden District
- Celebrity Mansions
- Lafayette Cemetery #1
- St. Charles Ave.
- Lafayette Square
- To go on the tour one must be over 13 years old and taller then 4'11".
- Participants under 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian.
- Tours are limited to10 people.
- The tour is $45 per person and includes a bicycle, helmet, and bottled water.
- The tour is a total of 8 miles traveled at a very leisurely pace.
- 48 hour notice of cancellation is required.
- Please arrive for the tour 15 minutes before departure time.